Request a Free Quote

Contact Info
Choice(s) of services:
Records Management & Storage
Digitizing & Scanning
Film Reclamation
Secure Shredding

To prevent spam, please solve the math problem:

Contact Us

General Queries
Sales Queries


GSA Schedule Contract
GSA Schedule Contract Number: GS-03F-0029W

Photographic Waste Management, Reclamation FAQ

Q.) What action is necessary for printers who are using computer to plate technology?
A.)The chemistry used in these processes contains high Ph levels (11 – 13 Ph) and some also contain silver.
A. Chemistry should be transported as hazardous waste.
B. Treated onsite to acceptable Ph and Silver levels.

Q.) What may be the Health, Safety or Environmental (HSE) issues associated with digital imaging?
A.) The majority of health and safety issues for digital output technologies (specifically inkjet output technologies, where there are defined HSE issues) are strongly centered on airborne contaminant releases. From a health and safety perspective for the employee, proper handling and ventilation are critical components of controlling occupational exposures to the solvents that can be associated with specific types of digital output.

Q.) What actions are necessary for my spent photo processing solutions?
Low Ph, High Silver concentration
A. Transport off site as a hazardous waste (code DO11)
B. Treat onsite to below discharge limits to a POTW.
Developer: High Ph
A. Transport off site
B. Treat onsite to allowable discharge limits. (usually 5.5 to 9.5 Ph)
Rinse Water: Potential high Silver content
A. Transport off site
B. Treat onsite to discharge limit.

Q.) What action is necessary for scrap film and silver flake from onsite treatment?
A.) Both are valuable commodities and can be sold for their silver content. However, they must be in compliance with 40 CFR CH1. Also an agreement must be in place with your vendor to meet the exemption requirements.

Q.) What actions are necessary for silver recovery cartridges?
A.) The cartridges must be drained and rinsed to meet TCLP standards. Some states (CT for example) require a state transporters permit.

Q.) Where can I go to research further?
A.) Visit our Partners section for further information.

Q.) What do I need to do to get started?
A.) Call our toll-free number: 888-416-5353 or contact our sales department at: Our Regional Sales Account Managers will respond to your request within 24 hours and soon we can begin the process of your photographic waste reclamation.